Weekend iPhone photos
We had a great weekend, filled with lots of friends, a PJ Sunday, and a pair of cute (well-behaved!) boys. We appreciate all the kind words regarding J’s procedure tomorrow. We attempted to stuff him at dinner tonight since he’ll only get jello tomorrow morning. I’ll be sure to report on our patient’s status!
OH!! I almost forgot! It SNOWED today! The first snow is always my favorite :) I danced around the kitchen with Max singing, “Baby it’s cold outside.” I love snow!
I’ve been awake for an hour and a half, thanks to an early morning feeding. All three of my boys are still asleep and I am enjoying hot coffee and complete silence. Guys, this is magical.
As I sit here, trapped under a snoozing Max, my mind wanders:
- Jack’s surgery is on Monday. I was in tears after speaking with a nurse on the phone yesterday. This does not bode well for next week. He is going to be fine, I know this. That doesn’t turn off the evil “what if” voice in my head.
- His procedure is at 11, so he can’t have any solids after midnight, and only clear food/drink until 7am. I foresee a sad, hungry boy all morning. Jello for breakfast!
- Exactly one month until I return to teaching. I don’t know how I feel about this. I definitely get bored at home all day, but am not looking forward to the new, hectic schedule that will become our new normal.
- I am committed to breastfeeding Max for a year, but am seriously dreading the pumping schedule at work.
- Daytime tv is AWFUL.
- I’m having lobster bisque for dinner and that might be the highlight of my day.
- Jack learned the word, frustrated, and pronounces it, “fwusterated”. Adorable and how we (often) feel about him, all in one!
And that’s a glimpse into my head. Happy Friday!
Comparison time! I promise to stop doing this at some point!
I could spend this entire post waxing poetic about how fast time has gone, but instead will focus on this sweet guy and NOT my impending return to teaching.
Max has spent the past three months slowly sharing his personality. He is an absolute sweetheart and enjoys laying on his back, smiling at whomever is there. He loves to take long naps nestled in my arms, but still is a champion sleeper at night (in his crib since day 1!). He is “talking” up a storm and immediately begins to coo when we make eye contact. He eats every 2-3 hours, during the day, hence his “robust” size. Official stats TBD, but right around 15 lbs.
He’s taking after his big brother in the spit-up department, sadly. We have days with multiple wardrobe changes, and he frequently greets family and friends with some projectile love. No worries though, he’s a happy spitter. When Max is fussy, he almost always just wants to sleep. Cradled in my arms with a nice butt pat…life is good.
Happy 3 months, Max!
Looking extra handsome in Ralph Lauren this morning. Thanks for the sweet outfit, Kate!
Dan and I have decided to spend thousands of dollars on each other for the holidays. I mean, we’re worth it, right?
A shiny new HVAC unit is currently being installed at our place. It might not fit on my finger or play the latest games, but a more energy-efficient heating/cooling system is our holiday gift this year. Swoon! ;)
Fact: coffee tastes better in a pretty cup.
Our Thanksgiving travels are done! Halle-freakin-lujah! You know I love my family time, but ohmygoodness traveling with two young ones in a packed SUV (time for a minivan?) from VA to DE to NY (and then reverse) is exhausting! From Tuesday to Saturday we packed and unpacked the car multiple times, dealt with occasional iffy traffic, and made extra stops for the potty-training Jack and the hungry Max. Dan and I are giving each other medals for patience and perseverance! Despite a few cranky moments, both boys were really angelic and I am so thankful!
We saw tons of family, (including my grandma and aunt from AZ!) ate wonderful meals, and celebrated our first Thanksgivukkah (TJ’s Latkes are delish!).
Today we return to our daily routine. A little extra sleep, family outing to Wegman’s, and plenty of lounging about. Hope everyone enjoyed some extra family time!